THE STORY OF DOCTOR MAD SCIENCE
LATEST PRESS AND MEDIA
WATCH ALL MY EXPERIMENTS
- Three To Be Stem Cell Gala of HopeThree To Be Stem Cell Gala of Hope
Tonite I was award by Three to be for my work. They award with Hero Among Us Award.
- Science RendezvausScience Rendezvaus
Today I doing a Science show at Dundas Square. It a lots of fun.
- Received Town Award from MPP Reza MoridiReceived Town Award from MPP Reza Moridi
Richmond Hill MPP, Reza Moridi, awarded me with a certificate for all my work.
- End of the Year Hockey BanquetEnd of the Year Hockey Banquet
Today I played in the championship game for hockey. We can 2nd in the whole league! It is only my first year and I play goalie. It was a great time! Go Stars Go!
- Auditioned for Dragons DenAuditioned for Dragons Den
Today Tracy and I auditioned for Dragon's Den. I was so nervous when we pitched to the producers. Unfortunately I did not make it through the auditions, but I will try again next year!
- Featured in the Toronto Star NewspaperFeatured in the Toronto Star Newspaper
The Toronto Star came to our house to do an experiment and interview me. CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO!!
- Picking up my order at EmbroidMe.Picking up my order at EmbroidMe.
Thank You Mark from EmbroidMe, for embroiding my DoctorMadScience Lab coats and printing over 100 DoctorMadScience Tope Bags! They are also environmentally friendly.
- My New MacBook Pro LaptopMy New MacBook Pro Laptop
Today,I went to the Apple store to get a new MacBook Pro.I save up my own money to get a new MacBook Pro.
- Our new pet cat is named GoogleOur new pet cat is named Google
Today my Mom,Sister, and Me went to PetSmart to get our new cat Google. Google is 9 months old and she is a little CRAZY kitty when we get her.
- I got Arlene Dickinson’s new book “Persuasion” for my collectionI got Arlene Dickinson’s new book “Persuasion” for my collection
Thank-you Arlene Dickinson for signing a copy of her new book "Persuasion"
- Event at Ryerson University: Meeting Brett Wilson and Sean Wise #2Event at Ryerson University: Meeting Brett Wilson and Sean Wise #2
This is a photo of Sean Wise with me.
- Event at Ryerson University: Meeting Brett Wilson and Sean WiseEvent at Ryerson University: Meeting Brett Wilson and Sean Wise
Entrepreneur Week November 12th-17th 2012 Tonight I meet Professor Sean Wise from Ryerson University and Brett Wilson: Entrepreneur, Philanthropist. Author and Former Dragons Den Mogul. It was a totally awesome night.
- Google’s head office in KitchenerGoogle’s head office in Kitchener
September 18, 2012 Here I am with my Doctor Mad Science Team: Tracy, Amir and Aaron from Google. I was invited to see the office and visit the Google Team, I meet many awesome people in Google, including the Top Engineers and people that work there. It was an awesome experience being invited to the Head Office. Thank you for making it a great visit.
- Thank You Pyerx!!Thank You Pyerx!!
September 11, 2012 Thank-you Pyerx for sending me new flasks and beakers. They are the best science glassware ever! So legit - I really like them a lot.
- First Ryerson Ram’s Hockey Game at the Mattamy Athletic CentreFirst Ryerson Ram’s Hockey Game at the Mattamy Athletic Centre
September 8th, 2012 This is a photo of me and the President of Ryerson University- Sheldon Levy! I was watching the first hockey game played at the Maple Leaf Gardens since it closed! Ryerson Won! Go Rams Go!
- Skate Day at the Maple Leaf GardensSkate Day at the Maple Leaf Gardens
Joseph Lu from Enactus (SIFE) Ryerson helped me get ready to skate at Ryerson's new athletic center. Also known as the Maple Leaf Gardens!
- Angry Bird Hats (Just for fun) :)Angry Bird Hats (Just for fun) :)
Haha! This photo is for all those following my blog :) Enjoy the angry bird hats!
- Happy Birthday Samantha!Happy Birthday Samantha!
Today we celebrated my sisters 13th birthday. This photo is of my sister, my Oma and Opa and me!
- Rogers T.V.Rogers T.V.
Rogers T.V. On August 17th I was interviewed by Rogers TV, and they did a story about DoctorMadScience. I was on there Community Connections. Ron Mills was the person who interviewed my and put the story on T.V. It was a awesome. CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO!!
- Wonderland with Kristy!Wonderland with Kristy!
Today I went to Canada's wonderland with Kristy and Tracy. Kristy drove us in her convertible! That was my first time in a convertible car. We went on all the spinning rides because me and Kristy were too scared to go on the huge rollar coasters.
- Go Jays Go!!Go Jays Go!!
August 14, 2012 Today I went to the Blue Jays Game with Tracy. We sat really close to the front. Chalie Sheen throw the opening pitch. Jays lost :( But it was still a fun game!!!!
- Happy Birthday Amir!!Happy Birthday Amir!!
Celebrated Amir's Birthday! He is the best web designer in the world! Happy B-Day AMIR!!
- My brand new pet – a beard headed dragon!!!!!!!My brand new pet – a beard headed dragon!!!!!!!
Her name is O'Leary. She is named after the Dragon from Dragon's Den "Kevin O'Leary" She is a one year old dragon. And she eats crickets and worms. Sooooo grosssss and awesomeee.
- My CondenserMy Condenser
Today I played with my condenser to mix rubbing alcohol and water. You can get this kit at homesciencetools.com The tubing you need to buy separably. Add food coloring to make it look cooler.
- Canada’s WonderlandCanada’s Wonderland
July 19th 2012 I went to Canada's Wonderland Amusement Park with Tracy and Gagan. We stayed there until it closed. We even watched the light show on the mountain at 10:00PM and night. My favorite new ride that I went on today was Stunt Coaster. It is really fast but didn't have a big drop.
- The LiberalThe Liberal
July 11th, 2012 The Liberal came to my house to do an interview with myself and Tracy. This is my interview with Adam. Click here to read my article
- Canada’s WonderlandCanada’s Wonderland
Today was my second day to go to Wonderland this year. (Other then seasons pass) It was a lot of fun. We went on over 10 rides! And even watched a show.
- Interview and Science Experiment on Canada AM!Interview and Science Experiment on Canada AM!
Went on Canada AM and did my foam explosion experiment. I was very nervous, but it was a lot of fun. Thank You Marla Shapiro from CTV!! CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO!!
- Just having fun with Science.Just having fun with Science.
Tracy and I were experimenting with random products around the house. Look at this really cool photo of test tubes. The test tube cleaners made a sick effect! Today we also had a water fight with my neighbour Evan. Tracy chased us around the playground spraying us with water.
- On Stage at the Science CenterOn Stage at the Science Center
Famous Stokes from the Science Center brought me on stage to help teach all the children about science. Spokes you're awesome, and you made my science day amazing!
- Science CenterScience Center
Today I went the Ontario Science Center. I went on stage and the scientist made my hair stand up! This is because of static electricity. It was so funny.
- Surprise Launch PartySurprise Launch Party
My mom threw me a surprise launch party to celebrate DoctorMadScience. It was a hockey party, at the National Training Rink (NTR). All my closest friends and family came to celebrate with me. I was sooo surprised! Thanks Mom!
- Globe and Mail come to my house!Globe and Mail come to my house!
1 Reporter from Globe and Mail, Fred the Photographer, and Aaron from Google Canada all come to my house to see me do experiments and interview me. I am going to be in the Globe and Mail newspaper very soon. Click here to read my article
- McDonalds with Tracy!McDonalds with Tracy!
Today I was sick so I didn't go to school. Tracy came over and took me out for lunch to my favourite fast-food place McDonalds! I always get grilled cheese and fries. Yummy :)
- My Adventure at the Science StoreMy Adventure at the Science Store
Went to the science store to get my new Science Equipment! I got new test tubes, flasks, beakers, droppers, petri dish, and lots more! Thank You MOM!!!
- Working on my new website with my Team!Working on my new website with my Team!
Working on my website with Amir and Tracy. Learning how to create new pages on WordPress, and link all my social media.
- Opened My First Business Bank AccountOpened My First Business Bank Account
With my babysitter Tracy, and my new friend Chris. Chris helped me open up my own bank account, and deposit my first cheque from Google. Thank You Chris and CIBC for all your help.
- SIFE National Competition 2012SIFE National Competition 2012
I was featured at the 2012 SIFE National Competition in Calgary, Canada. SIFE Ryerson came in 1st place in the TD Entrepreneurship Challenge. I was one of the team's success stories. Thank You SIFE RYERSON!! And thank you to my team Amir and Tracy.
What People Are Saying About DoctorMadScience
Jordan’s story illustrates the opportunities that technology, such as social media, give people with autism. In Jordan’s case, the ability to edit, practise and have control over the video likely puts him at ease.
- Toronto Star
Social media has been a game changer for artists, bloggers, poets, whiz kids and film makers in the ASD community. The talent coming out of the ASD community has gained momentum and it’s bringing us all closer so that we can move forward together. Self-advocates are blazing the trail so that a new generation of kids will have that opportunity to find their thing.
- The Friendship Circle Blog
The videos are excellent. You don’t always need the greatest camera or the most sophisticated setup to communicate your message in an effective way. Jordan always introduces the experiment to be performed in each episode, and he takes the viewer through each of the simple household objects used to do it. The experiments are fun, repeatable, and really spark an interest among viewers both young and old. I cannot wait to try some of these fun activities with my kids.
- Carin Bondar, a blogger for Scientific American
Before beginning an experiment, Doctor Mad Science goes through a list of what you’ll need to re-create the experiment at home, then he narrates what he is doing in a forceful and clipped style. One charming quirk: He almost always refers to water as H20. The videos are short and I haven’t seen one that hasn’t made me go “AWESOME!”
- Deborah Netburn from Los Angeles Times